Friday, June 10, 2011

Taking Time to Rest

The pause, breathe, stillness, etc., etc. I got a nice reminder today about the power of Rest. We all KNOW how important it is to Rest, but RARELY do we make it a priority in our lives. I KNOW I don't. This week I was even told by an accupuncturist that my chronically sore left shoulder is telling my body that I need rest, but I have heeded his advice yet? Not really. As my husband said to me, " If your doctor told you to stop smoking and drinking, but you kept drinking, you would not be following his advice."

I receive daily inspirational emails from a variety of sources, Yoga Journal, Daily OM, Bone Sigh Arts and Proverbs 31. Proverbs 31 email today is entitled, "Slow It Down." The message quotes the following Bible verse from Genesis,

“God called the light ‘day’ and the darkness he called ‘night.’ And there was evening, and there was morning…” Genesis 1:5 (NIV)

From the author's perspective God created night first, then morning. Rest is the priority, so we have the energy to greet the morning. Huh...could it be that simple?! Maybe?

I continue to receive MANY messages about my need to rest. I am the only one with the power to pay attention. One day at a time, one breath at a time....

Love to you!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, you need to relax and rest. Otherwise you will be NEVER ready for REAL LOVING TASKS which are ahead of you. Bask in Reiki Energy and dream.
    Love you. Eva

    ReplyDelete