Monday, May 9, 2011

Blame

So my angels were working overtime this morning...I usually say a reading prior to beginning yoga class; I open a book and a reading surfaces. Today the reading was from Thich Nhat Hanh's book called Peace is Every Step.There are 1/2 page teachings that are very powerful. Today the book opened to a passage called,"Blaming Never Helps." "When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look into the reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or our family, we blame the other person. But if we know how to take care of them, they will grow well, like lettuce. Blaming has no positive effect at all, nor does trying to persuade use reason and arguments. That is my experience. No blame, no reasoning, no argument, just understanding. If you understand and you show that yuo understand, you can love and ths situation will change."

At the close of class, I occasionally will choose a reading from A Year of Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater.The book opened to June 29th and the reading was "I have learned to love some people in spite of themselves." Not everyone acts as we would wish. This obvious fact can interfere with our ability to love them. Today observe those you love and see their faults as what makes them the very person you love. Say this Mantra for Daily Living to yourself, " I love you in spite of yourself; I love myself in spite of myself" and smile.

I guess I need to pay attention to how I am responsible to myself and how I Respond to those around me...Have a beautiful day!

May love and light surround you,
Corinne

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic beginning. Way to go Sister! I am so excited to be a witness to this running start. Yay for you and keep reaching for the light and the heavens. cer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support and love.:)

    ReplyDelete